Tuesday, October 03, 2006

First Chili of the Season

It could have been cooler outside for chili, but I made it anyway. Juliet said "mmm" with every single bite. She was cracking us up!

Vegetarian chili
Salad
Cheddar corn scones with roasted garlic butter
Pears

Even though I took the scones out of the oven 5 minutes early than what the recipe said, the bottoms still got a little toasty. But still good. The veggie chili is almost as good as beef chili--I didn't use any crumbles, just lots of beans--kidney, pinto, and blackeyed peas.

Chili at your place?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you believe it?Breakfast for dinner! Morning Star Stripples, Hash browns etc.
A few days ago we did pancakes...your mother should come on over!!

angela | the painted house said...

Yes, my mother would be so proud!

Peggy said...

Breakfast for dinner is a favorite. I am very proud!