B
Granola with rice milk
Blueberry, strawberry, banana, oj smoothie
Tomato-basil soup
Sandwiches with homemade hummus, tomato, grated carrots, spinach, and onion
Red grapes and pineapple
D
Carrot-zucchini-corn-sweet potato enchiladas with tomatillo sauce
Spicy rice with pinto beans
Red grapes, mango, pineapple and orange
Apple-raspberry crisp
Clayton loved the dinner--calling it a definite repeat meal (what a surprise, it's Mexican). I used a vegan cheese "sheese" for the enchiladas. It wasn't that bad--a person would definitely want to eat it with something else instead of making it the main attraction like on top of a cracker. I will post soon about this cheese and other vegan products.
Ashton loved the tomato soup from lunch--calling it the best soup he's ever eaten. Ha. It was easy: saute onions and garlic (I do lots of minced cloves), add two large cans of whole, peeled roma tomatoes, add salt and pepper, simmer, puree in blender, add a handful of fresh basil leaves and blend, reheat in pot. I resisted the urge to add soy milk for a creamier texture.
Apple-Raspberry Crisp
1 12-ounce can frozen apple juice concentrate
2 T cornstarch
10 cooking apples, peeled and cut into wedges
2 T margarine
1 t lemon juice
1 t cinnamon
2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
Topping:
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 cups oats
In a saucepan combine cold apple juice concentrate and cornstarch. Whisk until cornstarch is dissolved. Cook over medium heat until thick. Add margarine, lemon juice, and cinnamon. After blended, remove mixture from heat and pour over apple slices and mix well.
For topping, cream together oil and honey in a bowl. Add nuts, flour, oats. Toss well.
Put apples in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Add the berries on top of apples. Sprinkle topping evenly over fruit. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
You?
6 comments:
all of that...looks so delish and beautiful!! I will definitely be trying some of those recipes.
Being our wedding anniversary and the 70 degree weather gorgeous, we went on a lovely picnic by a lake...Caleb is sick unfortunately and since he wasn't feeling well I figured he would want a quiet evening so I also made one of our favourite dinners in the evening at home. He kept apologizing for being sick on our anniversary, and appreciating all my efforts to make it a good day.
Of all times, I reminded him about the in-sickness-and-in-health clause.
And Angela, you and me both...too many dishes yesterday!
But it was a really nice day even if he wasn't feeling good. He was so sweet and appreciative of everything which made it all worth it of course. A little stop by Wholefoods deli did help with my food prep though.
Lunch:
deli sandwiches:
herb bread, herb roasted natural no preservatives turkey and cheese from Wholefoods, avocado slices, tomato slices, spinach.
caffeine free - almost everything bad free - natural black cherry sodas. (Caleb has been caffeine free for over 2wks!)
OK...and Chocolate parfait...but only one that we shared as an anniversary treat...I figured the man with the almost 9 mth pregnant wife would appreciate a little chocolate!
Dinner:
Wild Alaskan Salmon (our favourite, the fresh caught that I buy occasionally and happened to be "on sale" this time...from like $19/pound to $15!) - grilled with garlic butter and lemon and pepper.
Pesto mashed potatoes - YUM
my famous glazed carrots.
avocado slices with lime juice.
We had an almost identical meal at restaurant on a lake in NY a few years ago while visiting my Grandmother, and it has been a favourite I learned to make for special occasions ever since.
~ Bonnie
Angela, your kitchen is a mess! The food looks fabulous!
Bonnie, do you know the sex of your child? When is he/she due?
Well, technically speaking, sugar and spice is due this time next month!
Bonnie
Bonnie, I had to think about that one. Congratulations!
My kitchen looks like that more often than I care to admit.
Ang, you're awesome!
We will for sure try the a-r crisp recipe!
I tried this Monday night and it was Deeeeelicious! I added cranberries instead of raspberries. My son absolutely loved it! He kept saying more apples please, Mommy! Thanks for such a great recipe!
Post a Comment