Here is an easy way to have a hot, filling, and fruity breakfast. And, no sugar! Believe me, you won't miss it.
Oats
Apple juice
Dried apple bits
Cinnamon
Salt
Follow directions on oatmeal canister for the number of servings you want to make. Use half water and half apple juice for the liquid amount indicated. If you want the oatmeal sweeter, use all apple juice for the liquid. Bring to a boil and add remaining ingredients. Add as much apple as you want--I buy the dried apple bits from Whole Foods Market that are usually on their bulk/nut aisle. You can also use fresh apple bits, but that is just an extra step I'm betting you don't want to take in the morning.
Strawberry variation:
Before you boil the water-juice, soften frozen strawberries until they juice out. Once soft, add the liquid and bring to a boil. Add remaining ingredients.
Add some whole grain bread smeared with Earth Balance margarine and you are in business!
YUMMY!
Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just tried this recipe this morning-kids loved it-me too!
Post a Comment