Saturday, March 01, 2008

Pecan and Rice Patties Recipe


1 cup pecans, chopped
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup whole grain bread crumbs
1-2 T whole wheat flour
2 stalks of finely chopped celery
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1-2 T finely chopped parsley
1 t sage
1 t salt or more to taste
1 cup water

Combine all ingredients and shape into 2-inch patties. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until browned. I then make a sauce to pour over top and then baked the patties a little longer.

For the sauce, I softened onion, chopped portabello mushrooms, and garlic in grapeseed oil. I then added whole wheat flour and soy milk. I cooked this until thick and bubbly, adding pepper and Bragg's Liquid Aminos to taste. I'm sorry I don't have any measurements...next time I make them I will measure!

Or, try this with vegan cream gravy--easy and delish!

No comments: