1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
1/2 t cayenne pepper
2 T oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 small yellow bell pepper, diced (1 cup)
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (1 cup)
1 carrot, sliced
1 1/2 t garam masala
1/2 t chili powder
2 cups cauliflower florets
1/2 c coconut milk
Combine ginger, garlic, tomatoes with juice, and cayenne pepper in blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper, and saute 10 minutes, or until softened. Stir in potatoes, carrots, garam masala, and chili powder. Cover and reduce heat to medium low. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add cauliflower, tomato mixture, and 1/2 cup of water. Simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in coconut milk. Serve over rice.
*****Angela note: I've used dried ginger as a substitute for the fresh. And sometimes the stew needs a little longer for the vegetables to soften up. This is definitely a keeper for our family--all the kids love it (well, Juliet does as much as she can--she tends to snub anything that isn't bread.).
3 comments:
I'll be trying this soon, maybe when the organic cauliflower goes on sale again.
Yum! I am making this right now--I'll probably do 2-3 big carrots but realized the carrot quantity is not in the list o' ingredients!! but it's cooking--which I 'wing' a lot anyhow.
the garam masala smells heavenly.
Oops! Thanks, Polly, for catching my omission. I've corrected it. :) How did it turn out?
Post a Comment