Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Meat & Potatoes Night

Gosh, where have I been? Now I need to catch up.

Sunday

L
Leftovers from Latin, Indian, and Thai

D
Haystacks
Blackberries and strawberries

Monday

D
Whole wheat spaghetti with marinara (with sweet potato puree) and vegan meatballs
Steamed peas
Baby field greens salad with lemon vinaigrette
Fruit salad with green grapes, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries

Today

B
Apple-cinnamon oatmeal (sweetened with apple juice and dried diced apples)

L
Hummus sandwiches with brocco-sprouts, lettuce, onion, and tomato
Chips and salsa
Baby field greens salad with balsamic vinaigrette
Fruit salad with green grapes, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries

D
Sauteed seitan with mushrooms and spinach
Roasted lemon-dill new potatoes
Steamed carrots
Fruit salad from lunch

For whatever reason the kids don't like these awesome roasted potatoes--maybe the lemon is too strong. Clayton and I love them; and I actually measured tonight so I could post a recipe.

Roasted Lemon-Dill New Potatoes

1.5 pounds small new potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
Juice from one lemon
1/4 c water
Just shy of 1/8 cup olive oil
1 t of salt
1/2 t of dried dill
Pepper to taste

Spray baking dish with cooking spray and fill with potatoes. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over potatoes. Toss potatoes to coat. Bake for 40-50 minutes at 375...but keep an eye on them.

Perfecto!
You?

2 comments:

Peggy said...

It all looks so yummy. Can't wait to sample your dishes when I visit next month.

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

Looks great! I'll have to try it with dill. I've made a similar recipe with rosemary. It's also yummy.