1 and 1/8 cup water
1/3 cup honey
1 and 1/2 T oil (I use grapeseed)
3 cups whole wheat flour (Bob's Red Mill)
1 t salt
1 and 1/2 t yeast
Add wet ingredients to bread pan first, then add dry. Set bread maker for 1 1/2 pound loaf. I found that Bob's Red Mill flour makes the lightest bread.
This bread is tasty and hearty--smells so good baking! For cinnamon-raisin swirl bread, I just took out the dough right before the last rise (my machine beeps to indicate this stage in the baking process) and rolled it out into a rectangle a 1/4" thick. I then spread about 1/4 cup natural applesauce mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon all over the surface of the dough and sprinkled with raisins. I rolled up the dough, starting at the short end. Once I had a tube of dough, I tucked the long ends underneath to fit back into the bread pan. The kids love this for breakfast.
2 comments:
Funny, I made that very recipe just yesterday. It was good but my loaf came out very small. Do you mind telling what kind of bread machine you have? I think I need a new one. Truly, it is old as the hills!
I have just become Vegan for 5 weeks now & I love your blog. I was wondering about the honey, I thought honey wasn't vegan. Is there a substitute for it or is it ok for me to eat it?
Post a Comment