Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Peach Cobbler

I tweaked the Vegan with a Vengence cobbler recipe to get this sugarfree version. The topping comes out soft and cake-like--not like pie crust. Just so you know. And, it is perfectly sweet to me without the white stuff.

Filling:

8 peaches, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup honey
1 t cinnamon
2 t vanilla
2 T cornstarch

Topping:
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour OR unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1 t cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup rice or soy milk
1 t vanilla
1/3 cup chopped pecans

Combine all the filling ingredients in a 9x13 baking pan.

In a mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add liquid ingredients and stir until just combined. Add pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls over the filling, leaving gaps. Bake at 450 for 30 or until browned and bubbly.

Sorry no photos--my battery was dead. But I will make it again before peach season is gone, and I will take a photo. I am typing the recipe from memory...so I hope it works!

2 comments:

Heather W said...

Well you know that I will be trying this little number soon. This is the sweetaholic in me. I love me some dessert!!!

lazy susie said...

Perfect timing. The peaches just arrived yesterday and the rest of the ingredients are on hand. Thank you!