This salad is really pretty and tastes summer-fresh. I found the recipe in one of my Southern Living cookbooks--from 1998.
Black Bean & Corn Salad
3 ears fresh corn
3-4 T lime juice
2 T olive oil
1 T red wine vinegar
1 t salt
1/2 t freshly ground pepper
2 (15 oz) cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
3 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
1 small purple onion, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Cook corn in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain corn and cool. Cut corn from cob. Whisk together lime juice and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add corn, black beans, and remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and chill 2 hours.
Angela Note: I doubled the dressing ingredients and used the juice of four limes--I like a lot of lime! I quartered grape tomatoes instead and used green pepper instead of jalapeno to make it kid-friendly. If you want to make ahead, combine all ingredients except avocado. Add avocado right before serving. Yum!
Monday, July 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment