Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sloppy Romance...

So I decided to make dinner at home for Valentine's...who wants to go out with the crowds anyway, even if Shoney's two T-bone V-Day deal was tempting. Yuck. What could be more romantic than sloppy joes? To Clayton, nothing. He literally was swooning when he walked in the door from work to see the Manwich bubbling on the stove. Yeah, and I'm dissing Shoney's.

Sloppy joes
Corn
Strawberries and kiwi
Chocolates

You?

3 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, the kids ate soy "chik" sandwiches.

Anonymous said...

Too cold, too crowded...I cooked in too ;) and hopefully what the man special ordered...something we "haven't tried before". Hmmm, that left me fanning through recipe books and various inspirational cooking websites...

I went with (Martha Stewart's) egg and bacon pasta. Well, he had never had it with morning star bacon anyway!

And it makes a fantastic breakfast refried like a pancake.

Angel hair pasta
eggs, cheese, parsley, black pepper, crisp b'f'acon' - crushed red pepper flakes.
(The way the recipe has you cook it, you don't even see the eggs, Angela ;))

cucumbers w/ranch dressing.

Too tired for dessert, to have at home or to go out for...how sad is that? I plan on making a layered lemon cake this weekend to make up for it ;)

angela | the painted house said...

Poor Bonnie and the egg... Really, it was no big deal and I'm sorry if I made you feel bad. I just didn't want to throw up on everyone's breakfast!