Are you sitting down? Okay...here goes...I cooked last night. Rachael was in town so I did something easy--haystacks; but she was excited about that since it had been awhile since she last had them.
Haystacks
Peaches
Reina's homemade corn tortillas
Limeade pie
The pie is a new recipe from Southern Living magazine. It was pretty good for an easy summer pie. It was actually a lemon pie but I changed a few of the ingredients for lime. I'll post the recipe sometime on the other side of Georgia.
I don't anticipate cooking anymore while here in NC--at least nothing of note. Most of our kitchen is packed up except for a few essential pots and pans. But you can still leave menus here!
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'll miss you!
Another dinner at home! I'm on a roll. Tonight we had:
-burritos with ground turkey (using Lawry's mild taco seasoning)-- in flour tortillas, with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream
-pinto beans
-corn (canned)
-canteloupe
-trail mix for dessert
I did a HUGE buy at Trader Joes today - filled TWO carts. Spent $321! But stocked up on a ton of stuff and filled our fridge (which I thoroughly cleaned out for an hour!) with fresh and nutritious foods.
Oh, don't tell me Barbara that that is the normal grocery bill for a family of five!!! At least the newest one will be on the boob for a while--that's free!
No, I usually spend about $150 to $170 a week on a "big buy" and then maybe one or two smaller trips to get fresh fruits and veggies or something to make for dinner. I hadn't stocked up on things for awhile, so this week was an unusually big buy. But we do spend an awful lot of money each month on groceries and dining out. Harrison eats as much as an adult - actually more. (but he's thin, not overweight - just very active.)
Hey, I cooked again tonight, a GREAT meal:
-chili with beans and meat, served with a little bit of shredded cheese and diced red onions
-frozen tamales from Trader Joes (that are as good as the real thing)
-salad with lettuce, the best little "sugar plum" tomatoes I've ever tasted, cucumbers and carrots
-strawberries
YUM!
Post a Comment