Baked beans
New potatoes with butter
Squash patties
Cherries and plums
The meal didn't have a lot of color to it. I contemplated steaming some broccoli but was too lazy to cut and clean it.
You?
Monday, July 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I buy broccoli in a bag that's cut up into normal broccoli sized pieces (not chopped up, but just regular broccoli) and you steam it right in the bag in the microwave. It's about $1.50/bag, so I don't think it's costing more than buying regular broccoli and it makes it soooo much easier! Do they have that there? I get it at Trader Joes, but I think they have it at the regular markets too.
This was our dinner (basic and simple, but at least made at home since we did so much take out in June!):
-spaghetti w/marinara sauce and meatballs
-spinach
-sliced fresh peaches with a little bit of whipped cream and a square of chocolate bar for dessert
Barbara, how do you prepare your spinach?
I made a great roast this weekend and had sandwiches last night with the leftovers. I did it in the slow cooker.
2 lb roast trimed
1 bottle of terriaki sauce
1 20 oz can of pineapple chunks
Put roast in cooker, pour terriaki sauce over that and top with the can of pineapple. Cook on low for at least 8 hours. It should shred easily cooked that length of time. Wonderful! We had it with a dinner salad, corn on the cob,new potatoes and garlic bread.
I buy frozen chopped spinach and cook it in the microwave, then I just put a little bit of lemon juice on it. It's actually one of the vegetables that my kids love.
The roast sounds perfect for us since we're always so busy and don't get home til after 6 or 7 from dance, theater, swim team, baseball games, etc. I have been wanting to use our crock pot more. I'll try it this week! But I'm always confused when I go to the market to buy a roast because there are so many different kinds. What kind did you buy? (i.e. aren't some called round, rump, etc.?)
It is not easy playing catch up on blog Angela, let me tell you!
I have been cooking when we have been here, but we were in Colorado all of last week, enjoying authentic mountain food :) Found I love choke cherries, and enjoyed huckleberry ice cream which we had not done since our Montana visit last year.
Tonight I am cooking an easy Greek dish.
Barbara, I knew you would ask.
I believe the recipe called for a rump or tri tip. Hope that helps! I just so glad I got to contribute. I'll try your spinach recipe. Thanks!
Donna, I'm so happy you posted a meal!!! That roast sounds soooo good--the whole dinner.
Barbara, there is no such thing as that broccoli here in NC--what a deal and so easy!
Bonnie, glad you had a safe trip! What kind of Greek?
Post a Comment