Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Title Shouldn't Take Five Minutes to Think Up

L
Roasted garlic hummus with warm pita, carrot chips, red pepper strips, grape tomatoes
Peas
Raspberries

D
Jambalaya with chipotle sausage
Green beans
Fruit salad with kiwi, banana, strawberries, and raspberries

The vegan chipotle sausage is a new item I picked up at Whole Foods. Four links come in a packages, and it has a good taste and texture. There was also an Italian style that I will try next time. The jambalaya is from Veganomicon--I used the sausage instead of the seitan. Ashton loved it and had thirds.

You?

2 comments:

lazy susie said...

I'm going to try the jambalaya. Looks good.

I made an eggplant dish and had it last night with tomato salad.

I breaded and baked the eggplant slices. Then I layered them with a spinich/asparagus dip from Veganomicon. Then I covered it all in a marinara sauce and baked it. Very good.

Now I'm drinking veggie juice and looking forward to the day when I can have fruit again.

Nicole said...

i am going through your recipes and finding it difficult to come up with vegan meals for breakfast and could easily be packed for lunches???

Also, you do use a lot of soy. What would you do if you couldn't.

Frustrated and Overwhelmed by cooking in Houston