The fruit juices are always a pleasure. The veggie ones are usually gulpers--but hopefully our palates will develop an appreciation. Clayton abhors the carrot juice. I don't mind it. But I love the way it makes me feel.
Our dinners lately:
Baked sliced potatoes
Steamed broccoli
Corn-squash patties with red pepper
Fruit
Leftover corn-squash patties
Green beans
Hashbrown casserole
Fruit
Spicy brown rice with corn and peas
Fruit
Did you catch that? I made a hashbrown casserole! I made the cheesy sauce recipe minus the tahini and pimientos. I sauteed chopped onion and then added the cheesy sauce to thicken with the onions on the stove. Once thick I poured about half into a bowl of shredded potatoes (I hand grated--next time I'll buy frozen!) and popped into the oven for about an hour. The last ten minutes or so I broiled uncovered to brown the top. It was yummy! But it was even better the next day for breakfast.
Today ended up crazy and we all ate dinner at different times--leftovers, cereal, and pb&j sandwiches. The upside to this is there was all this extra time for playing a few rounds of hide-n-seek. A grand time was had by all. I think this should be a weekly ritual for sure--no cook, all play night!
You?
2 comments:
Yummy! That all looks so good! I've been trying some green smoothies here. Hard to do with a cheap blender but I'm hoping to upgrade in a few weeks:) Even so, it's still good and the kids, especially Colton, are slurping it up!
I've always loved carrot juice but I don't juice enough.r
The carrot juice makes you feel better?? Hmm....I'm going to have to try that.
We have make-your-own nights when the youngsters must make their own dinners. This works for us because ours are long out of diapers. I love game nights. We've graduated from hide and seek to Scrabble and Apples to Apples. I also love date nights. And early to bed nights.
I've been a cranky vegan this week. I need some inspiration and some energy. I really a Gourmet type mag for vegans, something to get me all jazzed up.
Post a Comment