I don't know how it happened, but I cooked a meal, ate, showered, and put on makeup in less than an hour last night so I could get out the door for a facial party. Yeah, not so good to eat so fast. But dinner was good--my sauce just needs a little tweaking to get it just right. I made it up as I went along and expected complete failure, but it wasn't so bad.
Penne with creamy parmesan (kind of alfredo style) sauce and broccoli
Spinach salad
Foccacia bread with tomatoes, basil, and parmesan
The bread was yummy and easy--just top bakery foccacia with sliced tomatoes, basil, freshly ground pepper, and parmesan and/or mozzerella cheese and place under the broiler.
Ashton and I made my mom's buttermilk brownie recipe today, which is very similar to the Texas Sheet Cake recipe. I put in double cocoa--I wasn't thinking, but it is still pretty good. It's chocolate.
So tonight we are having haystacks and brownies.
You?
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We ate at Fazzolis...and had the pleasure of witnessing two sets of new parents with their new borns...talking very audibly about the various forms of spit up, diaper fillings and messy sheets and they even went so far as to change the baby boy...yes the boy one, on the restaurant dinner table......UKH...and nobody stopped them... the restaurant manager was all concerned about shutting the store because of the snow. Caleb is quite certain that maneuver was illegal. Not to mention disgusting, off-putting to other diners and entirely embarrassing for the little guy. Ah, lovely dinner. I hate going out to eat.
What mannerless parents!
This meal doesn't sound quick and easy. Perhaps you need to share the recipe. I'm running out of ideas and too lazy to open a cookbook.
Post a Comment