Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving & More

Well, I have been cooking...a lot! Just not posting. Today I made a brunch since we were having an early Thanksgiving at Bev and Myron's house.

Potato & egg casserole
Soy sausage
Green salad with pear, dried cranberries, and pecans
Homemade cinnamon rolls
Tangerines

I also made some cute little onion tartlets for the dinner, a recipe I found on the Food Network website. They were really tasty. I need to post the recipe. Would make a great hors d'oeuvre.

Last night's menu:

Moroccan stew (with sweet potatoes, red peppers, carrots, tomatoes, and onions)
Served over polenta
Salad
Pumpkin praline pie

The stew had a great flavor, although the veggies got just a smidgen too mushy since I was preoccupied with the Christmas lights outside and let it cook too long. And, the pie crust, I am proud to say was almost as good as my grandmother's. Maybe it was a fluke.

Also this last weekend I cooked up a big batch of granola, hot cocoa mix, and a big lasagne that I put in the freezer to pull out for tomorrow...so you can guess tomorrow's post, lasagne.

I hope everyone enjoyed their turkey!?!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

I want the recipe. Onion-anything sounds good to me and the picture is mouth-watering.

Anonymous said...

yum that moroccan stew sounds good. can i have the recipe? nicole