Here it is, Bonnie!
Pecan Patties
1 1/2 cup oatmeal
1 1/2 cup ground pecans
1 onion chopped finely
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 shredded cheese (I usually use cheddar or mozzerella)
1 cup milk
Mix all together. Let sit for 10 minutes to absorb liquid. Fry in a little oil on stove until golden.
Mushroom Sauce
1/2 envelope Lipton Onion Soup mix combined with 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup (add milk per directions on can)
Or
Saute onions and mushrooms and garlic in butter until softened. Add flour, salt, and pepper. Add milk and stir until thickened. You could add corn starch as well.
Pour sauce over patties in casserole dish. Bake at 350 until bubbly.
We ate pizza out tonight. You?
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Thank you, Angela! I look forward to making those!!
Oh, yes, and last night...actually we both "cooked" homemade tacos. Food isn't supposed to taste that good. hehehe, or is that just my latent metabolism kicking in (?)
crunchy tacos
homemade re-fried beans
rice w/toasted sesame seeds
avocado
lettuce
cheese
sour cream
red onions
salsa & hot sauce
Oh, that rice sounds interesting! Regular white rice with the s. seeds?
yes, actually, regular long grain white rice...I happened to have left over toasted sesame seeds from the Teriyaki recipe I had made the day before...so just mixed them in to plain rice...it gave the tacos a nice almost meaty - dare I say - flavor in a vegetarian kind of way.
(by the way toasted sesame seeds with a little salt and ground up...are also delish on "rice and veggies" FYI :) as well as the soy sauce :) )
yes, actually, regular long grain white rice...I happened to have left over toasted sesame seeds from the Teriyaki recipe I had made the day before...so just mixed them in to plain rice...it gave the tacos a nice almost meaty - dare I say - flavor in a vegetarian kind of way.
(by the way toasted sesame seeds with a little salt and ground up...are also delish on "rice and veggies" FYI :) as well as the soy sauce :) )
oops!!
Oh, I saw 5 comments and thought someone other than Bonnie and me had actually contributed some ideas. Bummer.
Post a Comment