Sunday, March 18, 2007

Busy Kitchen Sunday

I spent a lot of time in the kitchen today--nothing fancy but still...

Breakfast-
Scrambled eggs with cheddar
Hashbrowns
Soy sausage
Toast


Lunch-
Veggie, turkey, and swiss cheese sandwiches with guacamole
(Just cheese, guac, and tomatoes for the kids)
Pita chips and hummus
Strawberries, blueberries, and kiwi

Dessert-
TWO Texas sheet cakes

It is a long boring story about the cakes...but I ruined the first one and had to make another one to take to a picnic at the park. I guess I can just consider it more practice.

You?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those sandwiches sound yummolicious!

I cooked a lot over the weekend too, and so did Caleb! I put several things in the freezer and we ate out last night at On the Border for a family birthday party.

Cooking highlights ;)...

Friday Night
Rice and veggie stirfy with cashews, soy sauce and chow mein noodles, banana strawberry soy vanilla smoothies - our new smoothie favorite!

Sat am: I made banana pecan pancakes w/fresh strawberries, apple sauce, maple syrup

Sat lunch: Caleb made mexican pizzas! very creative and better than Taco Bell.

angela | the painted house said...

You know me and Mexican...how did Caleb make the pizzas? Those pancakes sound divine!