I've heard it said, "once you go black, you never go back." And, I guess it can apply to beans, too. The other, I don't know, except for my jungle fever dreams I have every so often. Wait, a minute! Aren't I supposed to write about dinner here? Okay, back on track.
Spinach enchiladas with salsa roja
Black beans
Rice
Guacamole and sour cream
Strawberries and banana
Bluebell ice cream (just Mommy)
The enchiladas were so easy and tasty! I just sauteed spinach, onion, and garlic in a little butter with s&p, stacked corn tortillas in a paper-towel cocoon moistened with water, zapped tortillas in the micro to soften, filled tortillas with spinach mixture and cheese, poured jarred salsa over enchiladas and baked.
Ashton liked the spinach enchiladas and Juliet ate hers once I hid it in her rice and beans. Nice way to get some veggies.
You?
Thursday, March 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You're welcome. I'm happy to make my presence known... I felt weird just lurking around! :)
The enchiladas sounds great and easy. I'll try them.
I made up something tonight - it was pretty good.
chicken apple sausage (I'm sure you could use soy too - these were the big sausages, not the little links)
Sauteed with cut up red potatoes, mushrooms and golden delicious apples.
I made a sauce using one package of instant apple cider (the packets like hot chocolate packets) made with 8 oz of boiling water.
It was really tasty and even the kids loved it.
I served it with a nice spinach salad with dried cranberries, pecans and goat cheese (and rasberry vinagarette dressing)and a loaf of crusty french bread, which was awesome dipped in the sauce.
For dessert: sliced bananas and chocolate pudding cups.
we had an easy to make in 5mins. fresh spring dinner...
bread, w/olive oil, hummus, avocado, tomato, spinach (hmmm I notice we've all had our spinach dose) as a variation to your canned soup Donna...you could join our clicky spinach club and throw a little fresh spinach into your hot soup and it would wilt instantly.
Fresh strawberries, raspberries & ice-cream
I've been eating my share of spinach lately also in salads and I put spinach on my sandwiches. Thanks for the invite. I accept. Some day when I have the recipe with me (I'm at work) I'll send a spinach dish I got off the food network (love that channel!)
Angela, I absolutely love black beans! I think it all started with your Dad. I think he introduced all of us to them.
Ok, I'm done.
OK...Have I just gone to heaven?? I found your blog while reading another blog from another blog...are these all vegetarian recipes???
I have three kids who are vegetarians and my husband and I are 95% vegetarian...we will eat meat occasionally or on a special occasion. But our day to day weekly meals are vegetarian.
I am going to have to link all my friends who constantly wonder WHAT we eat for dinner...if not meat!!
Great Blog!
Thanks, Kristin, for commenting! Yes, your description of your family fits mine perfectly. I rarely prepare meat at home--although, I have lately since I am pregnant and crave it! My husband is a reluctant "home vegetarian" but he supports what I am doing for our kids and our usually healthy dinners (nevermind the french toast).
I WOULD LOVE if you leave your menus (sorry, Bonnie) here. My intentions here have never been to pretend I'm a gourmet. I have two young kids and have to cook fast, meatless, easy, and yummy meals--so usually nothing too fancy. And I repeat a lot. I hoped starting this blog might encourage recipe and menu idea exchanges to help us all out of our cooking ruts. And, if you are cooking vegetarian, it is all the better to hear what you are serving up. I always need ideas!
And, Barbara, that meal sound so good! I will try it soon--maybe the organic markets in Asheville will have more to offer in the way of meatless sausage. Did you mix the cider in with the veggies and sausage?
Bonnie, love the idea of the spinach clique--at least we would all be regular!
Post a Comment