Easy. That is my goal these days.
Pinto beans over rice with tomatoes, lettuce, onion, salsa, and sour cream
Cinnamon apples
Strawberry cake
Basically it was haystacks but with rice instead of Fritos.
You?
Monday, July 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We had beans tonight too! They're so easy and fast and pretty healthy too.
Here's what we had:
I made a pot of pinto beans and a pan of scrambled eggs. Everyone could choose whether they wanted a bean burrito (with cheese, salsa and sour cream inside) with scrambled eggs as a side dish (along with peas, rice and grapes) OR if they wanted an egg/cheese/salsa/sour cream burrito with beans on the side (and the other side dishes).
Marlon, Michela and Jacob chose bean burritos with eggs on the side and harrison and I chose egg burritos with beans on the side!
If we could ever get home before 7:30 I'd cook more elaborate meals again, but swim team is from 5-7, so by the time we get home it's too late to cook.
I love the recipes you just posted. but I also need some easy crock pot or do ahead meals. I'm tired of throwing things together quickly at 7:30 p.m. Any ideas anyone?
Tuesday - today was our 13th wedding anniversary. After a full day of camp (the kids) followed by a friends' swimming bday party (for which we skipped swim team), we decided to go to one of our local entertainment complexes to celebrate (all of us - Marlon, I and the kids).
We chose PF Changs for dinner and had: potstickers, honey walnut shrimp, chicken low mein, kung pao chicken, a tofu and vegetable dish and rice.
Then we saw the movie Ratatooile (I know I totally botched that spelling.) Very sweet movie.
Then we rode the giant Ferris Wheel (ok, let me clarify.. Marlon and the kids rode the giant Ferris wheel... you won't get me on one of those things.)
We rounded off the evening with a couple of orders of fries from Johnny Rockets and kids sized ice cream cones from Cold Stone Creamery.
As we were leaving at 11 p.m., a TON of people were lined up for the midnight showing of the Transformers. ARe they nuts? The movie won't let out til after 2 a.m. and some of them said they'd been in line for 5 hrs! That just seems crazy to me, but maybe I'm just too old. Fortunately our kids thought that was crazy too!
Happy 4th!
Post a Comment