Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Pancakes, Ice Cream: My Mom is Here!

Monday morning:

Pancakes
Potato & egg casserole with spinach and red peppers
Stripples
Sour cream & salsa
Coffee

My mom made funny faces for the kids on their pancakes.

Tonight:

Cottage cheese loaf
Mashed potatoes and cream gravy
Fresh corn on the cob
Grapes, strawberries, and banana
Homemade chocolate ice cream

My mom surprised me with a freezer and ingredients to make ice cream today--yummy! She also made our potatoes and homemade gravy tonight. We are enjoying her company and cooking skills!

You?

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Please share the recipe for the cottage cheese loaf when you have time!

Oh, and I tried pecan patties tonight, but I don't think I did them right b/c they fell apart.

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, I hate to hear that the ppatties fell apart! I can't think of what could have happened? Did you let the mixture sit a while before frying? But I'm glad you tried it! I'll post the cottage cheese loaf soon...

Your family didn't protest the veggie recipe??? Pecan what??? :)

Barbara said...

I don't know what I did wrong. I'll try again. No, no protests, but I made them as a side dish with chicken!