Friday, September 07, 2007

We Had Guests!

Yea! We had people over! One of our pastors from our old TX church lives nearby with his wife. They came over for a visit while my mom is in town.

Veggie lasagna with spinach
Salad with couscous
Cantaloupe, blueberries, green grapes, strawberries
Italian bread toasted with roasted garlic butter and parmesan
Mom's homemade chocolate ice cream and cookies

It was a nice visit!

You?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In between being fed by wonderful family and friends over the weekend and a little eating out, I did manage to muster up a little cooking time/energy myself...

Blueberry cornmeal pancakes, w/ maple syrup, chokecherry syrup from CO, fresh tree ripened peaches from the Cider Mill 20miles down the road.

Caleb's idea, and he helped me make...homemade pizza. I have not been able to eat pizza for weeks, but it was so good I don't know if I will ever eat store/restaurant again! A Betty Crocker recipe for the thincrust from scratch, homemade sauce, etc.

Anonymous said...

Here was a favorite from last week...when I had a nostalgic energy spurt of short lasting energy...I originally had a variation of this in France as a child.

Leek Pie/Creamed leeks...

3 leeks sliced, washed and drained
add leeks to pan with olive oil (preheated)...sprinkle in a little dried thyme, cover and stir occasionally - sizzle on medium/low until tender...10 mins.?
sprinkle white flour over and mix in
add a little cream and quite a bit more organic 2% milk...I "eye" everything!!! but the idea is to have a cream sauce around the leeks. Stir constantly until bubbly and a little thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.

I poured this over a pastry and baked, but it would be amazingly good on mashed potatoes I think.

angela | the painted house said...

More details on your pizza, please?