I made Barbara's taco soup last night. I used green chili salsa instead of the mild green chilis and it was it spicy--maybe too spicy for the kids but they ate it with along with lots of water. But I liked the spice, and it was an easy soup to make. Yum.
Taco soup
Cheddar-jalapeno bread from the bakery
Apple, strawberries, and red grapes
Halloween candy
I went through all the candy today and threw out all the yucky candy--but we still have too much. I'm afraid I won't have any will power!!!
You?
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I made pea soup the other day...added some vegetarian sausage crumbles and kale at the end...turned out very good...served with big oven fries.
Last night....
mashed potatoes,
cabbage & turkey frank dish (usually use vegetarian franks, sometimes add ramen noodles),
fresh tomatoes with ranch dressing and fresh lime juice...(which I tend to squeeze on almost everything)
lemon meringue pie.
Bonnie--I just bought some cabbage yesterday, being seduced by its big green leaves. I've been thinking all morning how I will make the cabbage and potatoes.
I've been crazy cabbage - like sweet and sour cabbage with mashed potatoes. Anyone have any recipes?
Angela, I'm so glad you made and liked the taco soup. I'm making it tonight for Michela's soccer party potluck.
I made an easy and delicious meal last night in the crock pot. So, actually, I made it yesterday morning! We just ate it last night.
I made stew and served it with fresh bisquits warm from the oven with butter and honey, jarred peaches, and, yes, like everyone else -- Halloween candy for dessert! :)
Here's how I made the stew:
1 can tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
2 lbs cut up stew meat
about 6 large potatoes with the skin off, cut up into chunks
about 5 celery stalks, cut up
1 large onion, cut into chunks
about 1/2 bag baby carrots
some water (probably about 1 1/2 cups)
I put it all in the crock pot on high and let it cook all day. It was so hot and delicious and READY when the kids got home from dance and baseball.
I can't wait to eat the leftovers for lunch today and I sent it to school with the kids in their thermoses.
Angela...did I ever list the Bubble & Squeak recipe?
Post a Comment