Our breakfast this morning:
Bonnie's blueberry-cornmeal pancakes
Delicious. I doubled the recipe, and there were none left. And, the best part about making pancakes is listening to Juliet saying, "Ooo, pancakes!" over and over while they are on the griddle.
You?
Saturday, November 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have been "thinking" about making the pumpkin pancakes for the past week! Does that count for anything? I have just felt too tired to do much of anything.
...my Grandmother recently reassured me with....you just eat, rest, get a little exercise and WAIT for 9 months.
Friday...we went out and had pizza at the Rainforest Cafe, and afterwards watched Bee movie...
Yesterday I did make,
Rice and Veggies...with soy sauce and a favorite savory sprinkle topping my mother used to make...toasted sesame seeds ground in blender with a little salt.
Steamed kale with fresh squeezed lime juice. A strong flavour, but a healthy one I love.
Small flour tortillas heated in a pan with a little oil until they brown and puff up. Yum. I make those when I make Indian food too only adding spices to them as well.
I have a can of Gooseberries on the counter...waiting in plain sight for when inspiration or energy strikes. I will be making a Gooseberry pie in good old English fashion :)
How was the Bee Movie? Is it worth seeing?
Ah...we felt it was OK overall. Yes it is worth seeing, but it wasn't quite as hilarious as we were psyched up for it being. The writing is very clever, and you definitely leave with a sense of how much Bees influence the grand life cycle. I guess I would rate it a "B" haha.
Funny! :) We'll have to see it. My kids have been wanted to see it. They read an article about it in Time for Kids and decided that it's up to bees to save the world and prevent humans for doing the wrong thing!
On that note...I would highly recommend watching "Silence of the Bees" on PBS...it aired this past Saturday morning...is available on DVD.
Post a Comment