Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Blogcation Is Over!

I took a blogcation last week and tried to catch up on some things around the house. I still cooked. Here are a few meals:

Roasted zucchini, carrot, and corn enchiladas with pinto beans and guacamole.

Capellini pomodoro with steamed broccoli and spinach salad

Skillet potatoes and soysage with mushroom cream gravy and salad

Bean and soy crumbles burrito with spicy rice and salad

Tonight:

White bean and mushroom patties with cream gravy
Sliced baked potatoes
Steamed broccoli and carrots
Red leaf lettuce with toasted almonds and honey mustard dressing
Strawberries, blackberries and red grapes

The patties were ones I had made a couple weeks ago and froze so the dinner was easy to put together. Everyone LOVED the potatoes--just slice potatoes and put in a greased baking dish, sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper, and dot with margarine. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. Or something like that!

You?

3 comments:

lazy susie said...

Where is the recipe for the white bean and mushroom patty from? It sounds good to me now that the weather is 32 degrees.

Can you email me? I have something to send you, something that the chillins, at least the big boy, will enjoy. It kind of a thank you because I am such a happy, healthy, energetic vegan and looking at your daily vegan food is really the push that got me here.

Susan

susanATzenithair.com

angela | the painted house said...

Susan,
When I made the rustic white bean recipe from Veganomicon, I had a ton leftover and the family wasn't that impressed with it. So I mashed it all together and fried it as patties. Much better!

You have something for me???? Ooo, I'm so intrigued? Thank you! I'm so happy to be an inspiration--thank you!

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

What recipe do you use for your white gravy? Is it the one posted on the side? Have you tried it on biscuits?