Sunday, November 23, 2008

Soup, Salad, & More

What we've been eating:

Spinach salad with carrots, toasted almonds, red pepper and toasted sesame dressing
Veggie dumplings with dipping sauce (from frozen)

"Apple Crate" sandwiches with guacamole, spinach, tomato, and onion
Sweet potato chips

Tomato & rice soup from Veganomicon
Pesto pizza with tomatoes and spinach

French toast
Soysage
Blueberries, raspberries, and banana

Louisiana cajun pasta with roasted red peppers, red onion, and peas
Steamed broccoli
Mango, apple, and raspberries

And lots of cinnamon-peach oatmeal in the morning! Thanks to Susan for inspiring me to try Veganomicon's tomato & rice soup.

You?

1 comment:

lazy susie said...

You know how with all the cooking that we do that is usually one dish that we have too much of each week? We adopted an elderly couple who now get a meal or two each week. If it is soup that we have lots of, I add some rolls. If it's a casserole, I add a salad. Sometimes I call a friend and we put our extras together.

The elderly folk LOVE this. She is diabetic and sickly; this food is so good for her. They are both so sweet and grateful.

I made the lentil/rice/carmelized onion dish from Veganomicom last night and didn't like it too much. That was a surpise! I'm going to add some stuff to it and make patties today.