Thursday, November 06, 2008

Try This Sauce!

Wednesday

D
Veggies and seitan in Chinese brown sauce (broccoli, carrots, onion, bok choy, and those pods that I'm totally blanking on the name...anyone?) over brown rice
Pear and mango

Thanks to Emily at Eat Close to Home for the brown sauce recipe. I've had it printed out for months and finally tried it. Yummy. Ashton was really into it, too. Clayton not so much only because he doesn't like the taste of soy sauce (although I used Bragg's aminos) and ginger. He is crazy, I know. Emily also has two other Asian-style sauce recipes on the link, too.

Today

B
Cinnamon-peach oatmeal
Van's frozen waffles

D
Black bean soup with brown rice
Red chile flour tortilla chips
Red leaf salad with carrots and lemon-chile vinaigrette
Guacamole
Apple

Tonight was an easy way to throw together a last minute bb soup. One soup starter, one can of black beans, one can of refried black beans (I used brand 365 with red jalapeno peppers), cumin, oregano, four small potatoes diced, and 1/4 cup of salsa (just some leftover from our burritos earlier this week). I cup up tortillas into wedges and toasted them in the oven until crisp for the chips.

You?

No comments: