Our friend Tracy brought over dinner tonight since I had my procedure today and would not be able to cook. She was so sweet to offer--and I readily accepted. She is a fabulous cook.
Burritos with goat cheese, pureed sweet potatoes, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, black beans, covered in a cilantro sauce
Rice
Corn on the cob
Mango salsa, avocado, red salsa, sour cream
Strawberries
The burritos were FANTASTIC! It was heavenly with the mango salsa. And the corn (organic from the farmer's market) was probably the best corn I have ever eaten. I put a little butter on it before I took a bite--but it didn't need it. It was just perfectly sweet and crisp. Thank you, Tracy! What is also amazing is that she made and delivered all this with a newborn and a 22-month old.
I also meant to mention yesterday about some sandwiches I made for lunch. They were so yummy, I wanted to document. I do not consider myself a good sandwich maker, but these could hold their own against my NanNaw's and my sister's famous turkey and swiss delights. On wheat bread I put mayo, guacamole (which I mixed with just salt, pepper, and lime juice), swiss cheese, tomato, onion, and spinach. Yummy! Ashton even gobbled his up. It would also be good with cucumber, but I didn't have one.
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that sandwich does sound good...anything with guacamole is a keeper!
we had...
pitta pockets with...
morning star chick patties
tomato
spinach
creamy french dressing
It made for a nice variation and was easy to take with me out the door last night as I had somewhere to be.
I have trouble eating a lot of the time, so Angela I just want to let you know how inspirational your pages are.
Thank you, Tracy, for taking care of my little family. It means so much to me since I can't be there.
Thank you, Bonnie! Your fresh menus inspire me, too!
Post a Comment