Saturday, August 26, 2006

Mmm, We're Stuffed!


We went out to dinner tonight at Balsam Mountain Inn, an historic inn that has a lovely restaurant. Then we walked downtown and treated ourselves to cake, pie, and ice cream at Pheasant Hill. Unfortunately, we only heard the end of the band's last song before their break. Once again, Juliet never seemed to reach satiety. The girl can eat.

Even though we went to dinner, I still cooked today. We ate breakfast and lunch at home.

Breakfast:
Potato & egg casserole with portabello mushrooms
Beef sausage and onions
Banana bread
Peaches, strawberries, and blueberries

We had a light lunch to be hungry for our 5:30 dinner reservations.

Lunch:
Pasta salad with spinach, zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, and green peppers
Pico de gallo and chips
Swiss cheese and crackers
Peaches, strawberries, and blueberries

Reina, our sitter and housekeeper extraordinaire, surprised me with her amazing pico de gallo on Friday. Hers is the best I've ever tasted. I used to love Central Market's, but her fresh, lime-drenched pico de gallo is the easy winner. She knows I love it, so it was so sweet for her to make us some. Ashton literally eats it by the spoonfuls!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angel hair pasta, with sundried tomato alfredo sauce with spinach wilted in, and parmesean cheese grated on top.
Green beans with butter and northwoods seasoning.
Fried bell pepers and onions on the side.

angela | the painted house said...

We're coming to your house for dinner!