Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Junk Streak

Clayton is presenting a lecture for the medical society tonight at a local restaurant. While he dined on fine food, the rest of his family ate poorly.

Grilled cheese sandwiches
Strawberries

After I made the kids' sandwiches, I put mine on the griddle. After it was all toasty I flipped it on my plate and the two pieces of bread flew apart...I forgot to put cheese on my grilled CHEESE sandwich. Well, I figured I was better for not eating the cheese and just ate the "toast" instead. I knew I was tired but forget-the-cheese tired? I guess I am.

I promise tomorrow I will do better and will be back on track. It has been so busy this week that I can hardly move come dinner time. In addition to dinner tomorrow, I am also going to get a lasagne made and in the freezer for when Clay's family comes in town Friday. I do have to say that the kids have had a great lunch the last two days.

Lentil soup with potatoes and carrots
Green beans
Pears

...then they just eat junk in the evening. Ugh, tomorrow, better!

And, yours?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad I am not the only one that has days like that
:( I usually have a meltdown and give myself a time out until I can cope...but I don't have two little kids watching my every move. How do you do it???

I turned left over Bolognese sauce into Sloppy Joe's over rolls - something we hardly ever eat, but it was really good with shredded cheese, fresh sliced tomato and sour cream on the side.

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, Clayton LOVES sloppy joes! If I want to treat him right, I make the joes!