Tonight's dinner was better suited for the warmer weather.
Mediterranean wraps with hummus, feta, cucumber, red onion, tomato, spinach, and a squeeze of lemon
Bowtie pasta with pesto
Strawberries, blueberries, and kiwi
You? Someone, please, answer me!!! (Not that you don't count, Donna!)
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ok, can I answer you?? I'm a lurker! I've never commented on your entries on either of your blogs, although I have wanted to several times.
First, let me introduce myself. I'm Barbara, Nicole Boarnet's sister in law from California.
I visited your main blog once from hers and was hooked. I'm a writer (I write a regular column on children and family topics for the Orange County Jewish Life Magazine) and LOVE the way you write. You make me laugh and have a wonderful way with words. I read your blogs regularly.
I have 3 children (8 year old twins and a 10 year old), stay home with them (well, I'm an attorney as well and work very part time and sporadically from home.)
Anyway, I enjoy all the stories on your main family blog, but also really enjoy the dinners ready blog and have tried many of your meals.
Ok, enough of the "introduction." I've been trying to make different recipes and easy but healthy meals, so I'll share some of what I've been doing.
tonights dinner:
-burritos with whole wheat tortillas filled with lightly sauteed red, yellow and orange bell peppers, portabello mushrooms, red onions, tomatoes and tofu
-pinto beans sprinkled with goat cheese
-steamed asparagas
-sliced bananas, blueberries, rasberries and blackberries with a little bit of cool whip on top
p.s. I forgot to clarify - my husband and I and more adventurous with his eating 10 year old at the dinner the way I described above. My pickier 8 year olds had the beans and goat cheese inside their flour tortilla burritos, still had the asparagas and fruit, and had a VERY small portion of the peppers/mushrooms/onions/etc on the side!
And I think I have it rough that my husband doesn't like onions!
So here begins my novel. Ok now, I have been busy, and relying heavily on dinners that I had been putting in the freezer.
We have also been making a lot of smoothies!
OK? Legitimate? So last night, for instance, all I had to do was make the pasta since the veggie bolognese sauce had been defrosting in it's cute little baggie in a hot pan of water.
I am do a lot more with performing again so when I am not at work, I am at the other work ;) or gardening, hence the hyacinth comments on your main blog!
However, there is a "but, clause" and a silver lining for you Angela...
Last night, despite all my rebellion against forming too much of a routine in my life i.e. in this case the formation of a "menu" I decided to get over myself and try making a mini menu just for four meals a week. I think it will help me to be more organized considering how much I have to do at the moment...and would help me hold on to some down time, which I have learned to value, treasure and not let go off "no matter what". Yeah, OK, so now I am just defending myself to the work-a-holic within ;)
If I remember rightly the menu, ummm, I just decided I don't like that word...(I'll have to think of something else to call it...like, tonight's special, or meal plan...any other creative ideas?) I started on last night, had as three meals...lasagna, chicken cesar salad, red lentil soup & salad...I'll let you know how I do ;) and if it's not fun, or creates more stress than it alleviates, I won't be doing it.
I am going to try your light & refreshing wraps - those sounds yummo! and easy? too ;)
Wow-Wee! Three comments from two different people...and I'm not one of them!
Thanks, Barbara, for commenting and the introduction. Although, I feel like I know you a little already from reading your comments on Nicole's blog. Your burritos sound delish--I need to try them with tofu, too. I don't utilize that little soy log enough. Thank you, also for the kind comments about my little indulgence, aka blogging! Please comment more!!
And, Bonnie, glad you're back...but, sheesh, what did "menu" ever do to you??? :)
hahahaha, you're funny.
"Menu" traumatized me for life. Perhaps it's something to do with the fact that my parents co-ran a large restaurant when I was a child and the word menu is just too much for me? I will refrain from going into a further psychological analysis of the damage. poor poor menu.
So glad I could be of assistance, Angela. I guess Bonnie and Barbara don't want to leave you alone with a soup out of a can cook.:)
I can always count on you, Donna.
Post a Comment