Mango-pineapple-banana smoothie with flax seed meal
L
Sandwiches--eggplant with lettuce and onion and pb&h with banana
Sesame-cabbage salad
Corn tortilla chips and Heidi's "cheese" dip
Oranges
Jambalaya with seitan and red and white beans
Corn on the cob
Spinach and lettuce salad with carrots and lemon vinaigrette
Apples, strawberries, and blueberries
Homemade whole wheat bread with margarine and strawberry jam
The jambalaya is from Veganomicon--really tasty! It did take longer to cook than it said, but that is probably due to my inability to cook brown rice until it is tender in a reasonable amount of time. Next time, however, I will cut the celery and green pepper a little smaller. But the prep for this was made easy since I had chopped onion and celery (with the help of Holly and Todd) in the freezer. Everyone loved it--so it is definitely a keeper.
Have you not purchased Veganomicon yet???
You?
2 comments:
Mine just came in the mail yesterday! You're going to laugh-I already had their Vegan With A Vengence book but never put the two together until I got it in the mail and realized it was by the same authors. I LOVE cookbooks but for some reason have a hard time pulling one out and cooking from it. With all your glowing reviews of this one I HAD to get it.
Wish me luck! Oh, I love that you mention the specific recipes out of it, so those will be the first I try. Nothing like a personal review to make you think you're going to like it too.
are you going to post the recipe?? Dying to see what all is in it? do you find that veganomican (or however you spell it) has a lot of soy substitute in it? I hate to invest in a book that I can't use most of the recipes but would love more options.
Post a Comment