Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekend Menu

There has been some good eating going on here. I will have recipes to share...but not tonight. This is the last stop before I hit the hay.

Saturday

B
Banana-pecan waffles with maple syrup

L
Black beans
Cilantro brown rice
Fried plantains
Warm whole wheat tortillas
Spinach and lettuce salad with red cabbage, carrots, fresh corn and avocado-chipotle dressing
Salsa, guacamole, and pico de gallo
Fresh pineapple and mango
Pina colada punch
Banana-pecan waffles with maple syrup, strawberries, bananas, and tofu whipped cream

We had company for lunch so I made a double batch of the Veganomicon waffles in the morning to have ready to serve for dessert at lunch. I just popped the waffle quarters in the toaster for a quick warming and then served with the toppings. YUM!

Sunday

L
Tacos with soy crumbles, refritos (made from the leftover black beans), and pico de gallo
Cilantro brown rice
Avocado drizzled with lime juice
Red grapes, strawberries, and blueberries
Almond chocolate milk, banana, and almond butter shake

D
Spinach salad with carrots, red cabbage, toasted hazelnuts, diced mango, and mango-cilantro dressing
Coconut crusted tempeh
Avocado
Red grapes

Oh, man was dinner good tonight. The coconut tempeh--a treat because it is fried to a sinfully golden brown--was delicious. It pleasantly had a fish texture. Definitely a repeat meal. I'll post the recipe soon...

You?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

catching up here...I am blown away by even your "easy" meals - all so pretty and creative. I am also blown away by those who provided me with sugar free desserts on my first Mother's day!!

Bonnie

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

Here are a couple of recipes I can't remember if I've given you or not but they are very easy and really yummy!

Oat Pecan Waffles—recipe of my Mom’s-very good!

½ c. pecan meal

1 ½ c rolled oats

1 Tbls. Oil

½ tsp. salt

2 ¼ c. water—add less for thicker mixture-holds up better for freezing.

Put water in blender first and then oats followed by rest of ingredients. Blend all together.

Have waffle iron hot.

Bake 8-10 minutes.



Almond Cream

1 c. water

¾ c. sliced almonds

½ tsp. vanilla

8 dates

Dash of salt

Blend until smooth and pour over waffles