Friday, May 09, 2008

Feeling Lazy

L
Capellini with tomato sauce
Breaded eggplant slices (from frozen)
Spinach and lettuce salad with balsamic vinaigrette
Apple slices with peanut butter

D
Potato and kale soup (Veganomicon)
Squash patties
Spinach and lettuce salad with lemon vinaigrette
Orange slices

Looking at these photos now I realize that those brown circles look like the same thing! I pulled the squash patties out of the freezer from when I made them recently. The soup was a cinch with my soup starter stashed in the freezer, too. Brilliant! I also used a jar of soup starter with a pot of black beans I cooked today for lunch guest tomorrow. I just blended the broth and veggies until smooth and added to the soaked beans--excellent flavor it added! I just didn't feel like cooking even though I was in the kitchen a lot today--my salad has just greens, now that is lazy. I spent the evening with a CD of Christian lullabies that my friend Cynthia sent me and cooked and cleaned to the music. I made a batch of tofu whipped cream for banana waffle shortcakes tomorrow--I can hardly wait! Yum!

You?

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I haven't been posting much on Dinners Ready, I'm not sure why.

We've been trying to eat more fruits and veggies and have started a new program at school that has been great. This was our second shipment. We get a box of fresh produce, picked that morning, from a local farm that is actually less than 1/2 mile from our house. The boxes are delivered to school. It's $25/week and our school gets $5/week from everyone's box. It's a fundraiser and a grassroots effort to support the local farm. What you get is what you get and that's been neat. There's always a lot of basics - some bananas, couple of apples, berries, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. Last week there was green and yellow zucchini and I made a great veggie dish by roasting those plus onions, mushrooms and eggplant. Just roasted in the oven with a bit of balsamic and oil. There was also beets last week and everyone's been sharing their recipes about how to make them and what to do with them. This time there was this broccoli/calliflower crossover thing - I forgot what it's called. It's a great program. Everything's organic too.

Aside from that, I've been cooking some, but nothing terribly exciting. A couple of vegetable and tofu dishes that were good and a really good pasta with fresh veggies. I made turkey burgers the other night that were tasty with lots of veggie condiments (onion, lettuce, tomato, etc.)

Oh and really good grilled chicken sandwiches with avocado and salsa.