Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Back Home for a Spell

We have been traveling again but now hope to stay put for a while. I just want to stay home and cook--how crazy is that? But now it is cold and I am battling the munchies and the sugar bugs.
Thursday
D
Polenta cakes with roasted veggies and garlic and marinara sauce
Spinach salad
Red grapes
Friday
D
Haystacks
Monday
D
Minestrone soup with lots of
cabbage
Sliced tomatoes with s & p and a drizzle of roasted garlic olive oil
Warm homemade whole wheat bread
Tuesday
B
Cinnamon-peach oatmeal
"Coffee" mocha made with almond chocolate milk and a coffee substitute
D
Pecan & rice patties with cream gravy
Mashed potatoes with roasted garlic
Creamed corn
Hot apple cider and oatmeal cookies
I am out of groceries again--it is so hard to keep us stocked in fresh veggies. I had to mix a can of creamed corn with a quarter of a bag of frozen corn so we could have some kind of veg tonight. Desperate. The Back to Nature cookies are delicious and a perfect little sweet treat--try the chocolate-mint sandwich cookies (oh, my!) and the oatmeal.
You?
Sorry for the spacing but I am now too tired to fix it.

1 comment:

lazy susie said...

I'm living on salads (made hearty with chickpeas), beets, mashed taters, avocados, fruit/veggie juice, bananas, hazelnut butter & jam on crackers, and Amy's vegan soups (Tuscan Bean is my fave). I'm soooooo looking forward to spending some long days in my lovely kitchen cooking and baking. I know just how you feel.