Monday I was in North Carolina and made haystacks for the kids and Clayton before I left. Tuesday Clayton and I had an outdoor concert to which I brought a salad, fruit, and crackers--smart move since they served pork bbq and potato salad.
Last night:

D
Rustic white beans and mushrooms from Veganomicon
Arugula, spinach, and red leaf lettuce salad with toasted almonds, carrots, and balsamic vinaigrette
Steamed carrots
Tea-poached pears in chocolate sauce

The fam wasn't that impressed with the beans with leeks and mushrooms. I put too thick a bread crumb topping on top which ruined it, I think. The pears were yummy, however--also from Veganomicon. It was the first time I have poached pears.

The bean dish made a lot and I felt bad dumping it since no one wanted it again. But then I had an idea: mash it all up together and make patties. So I made patties for lunch today and the kids gobbled them up. Ha, I am such a trickster! I made enough to put in the freezer for another day.
Tonight:

Tacos with refried beans, soy crumbles, veggies, salsa, and guacamole
Corn
Apples
With the cooler weather I have been enjoying oatmeal in the morning with fruit. Have you tried a smoothie yet with almonds? Creamy good!
You?
1 comment:
Me? Well, I went out to dinner last night where I ate a salad after picking items out of it, a baked potato and asparagus.
Today I had butternut squash casserole and avocado.
Tonight it's breaded eggplant in marinara sauce, some spaghetti on the side, and salad.
And somewhere in there I'll throw in an unusual gauc recipe that contains sun-dried tomatoes, from a cookbook I'm reviewing.
Have a lovely weekend!
Post a Comment