Thursday, October 02, 2008

Time to Go to the Grocery Store!

We are running REAL low on groceries here. That is what happens frequently when the best grocery store is almost 40 miles away. Anyway, I always have dried lentils and spinach and potatoes. And sometimes the simple, basic meals are the best. Here's last night dinner that was a delicious leftover lunch today.

D
Lentil soup with potatoes
Spinach and strawberry salad with toasted almonds and balsamic vinaigrette
Warm pita bread
Raspberries

I've been making oatmeal a lot in the morning now that it is turning cool. I simply add frozen strawberries or peaches to a basic pot of oatmeal while it is cooking and sweeten with maple syrup and cinnamon. YUMMY for my autumn tummy.

Oh, and check the last post--I answered your questions! Thanks for asking.

You?

1 comment:

lazy susie said...

Me:

For lunch I had summer squash soup and a rice tortilla with refried black beans mixed with salsa, veganaise, fresh tomatoes and gr onions.

For dinner I had mashed butternut squash, salad, and jambalaya.

A good day foodwise. Not so good pre-teen-behavior-wise. Oh well.