Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cooking All Morning

My knife and chopper were busy this morning prepping veggies for five jars of soup starter, lunch, dinner, and dinner tomorrow. It feels good knowing that dinner is already made for the post-trick'n'treat'n fun.

The vegetable stock consisted of cabbage, broccoli stalks, onion, celery, mushrooms, carrots, red pepper, green pepper, and garlic. Mmm, delish!

L
Mediterranean pizza with hummus, roasted red pepper and red onions, tomato, and spinach
Strawberries
Crackers with peanut butter and bananas

D
Louisiana cajun pasta with mushrooms, red pepper, and red onions
Steamed broccoli
Spinach salad with carrots, toasted almonds, and balsamic viniagrette
Strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries

I had an extra pizza crust from last night so I made another pizza for lunch. As much as the kids loved the pesto pizza, they hated the hummus pizza. I thought it was good, but them--not so much. But the baby loved it.

You?

1 comment:

lazy susie said...

I used your veggie broth recipe to make some broth before I went a-travellin'. Now that I am home, I'm planning to make the asparagus quiche from Veganomicom...and some good soup, maybe tomato-rice...and something with the pears that we are about to shake down from our tree...and some snobby joes from Veganomicom. Oh, it is SO good to be home, whining and mess and overdrafts and all.