Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sunday at Home

I spent most of the day at home tackling painting projects--but I did have one little jaunt to Home Depot with my baby boy. He makes a nice date.

This oatmeal is my new love.

B
Cinnamon-peach oatmeal
Ezekiel 4:9 english muffin with strawberry jam
Red grapes and cantaloupe

L
Pasta with cheesy sauce
Green beans
Sliced tomatoes
Red grapes and cantaloupe

I made the cheesy sauce this time without the nutritional yeast but add lots of roasted garlic. We like it better that way. Although, Ashton still won't give it a chance. I think it is a superb substitute for macaroni and cheese. Try it!

D
Potato-kale soup
Wraps with tempeh bacon, spinach, red onion, and honey mustard dressing
Strawberries, raspberries, and banana

Now I am going to drink my carrot juice (blech...uh, it's not so bad).

You?

2 comments:

Polly said...

I'm going to try the cheesy sauce sometime. And the tempeh bacon. Tonight we had Isa's tempeh-broccoli rabe rotini recipe, and it is DELISH if you haven't made it yet. spicy (good w/ a strong red wine) but oh so nice.

lazy susie said...

I plan to try cheesy sauce too. My daughter misses her mac-n-cheese.

Last night I made the Veganomicon Caesar salad. I really like it. My husband likes it too. Have you tried it?

I also made most of the Asparagus Quiche, but ran out of time. It'll be for tonight instead. It's such an interesting combo (beans, asparagus, shallots, garlic, walnuts)...I'm very curious as to the final taste.

We've been lunching on Snobby Joes and salad lately.