Life has been full lately in these parts--and not necessarily in the kitchen. I am scraping meals together fast--so not a lot of imagination or experimenting lately. I also spent a long weekend in Texas with my family. I made
Chickpea Cakes for a crowd (just one dish among many on the buffet--it was my sub for the brisket my mother cooked). I think I heard most people who tried them say they liked them. My Aunt Rita had a good suggestion to dredge them in cornmeal and then bake them. I will definitely try that next time.
My mother made pierogies, a traditional Polish dish, as a birthday surprise for my brother. My paternal grandmother made them for us growing up. Delish! Especially fried, ahem. The little dumplings are filled with potatoes and sauteed onions. It's not vegan, but I'm sure they could be made so.

What we've been eating:

Soy chick sandwiches
Salad and guacamole
Fruit

Chickpeas, carrots, and potatoes in a jarred Indian sauce
Brown rice
Peas
Pineapple

Capellini primevera with squash, broccoli, carrots, garlic, and spinach
Coconut-mango-pineapple-flax smoothie
Green grapes

Veggie sandwiches on NanNaw's bread with guacamole, cucumbers, carrots, onion, and spinach
Corn chowder with potatoes
Strawberries and green grapes
Does your grocery store carry this ginormous bag of carrots? This is what we buy for juicing. It never fails to earn me some comments at check out. I juiced carrots and celery tonight. Gulp!

You?
2 comments:
did you pull that out of my 'fridge?
last night we juiced a carrot-celery-tomato-cucumber drink. What does that make, "V4"?
Our favourite is with carrots, apples and beets. (may give a Princess pink poop.)
Too funny, I am going to do the vegetables in an Indian sauce from a jar today actually! cauliflower and cashews in the Korma? sauce I think.
Bonnie
Oh, pierogies! I love them. I used to eat them all the time, fried in oil with little bits of chopped-up garlic. So good!
And, no, our grocery stores don't carry the big bag o' carrots. I'm not sure that I could lift those.
Post a Comment