Steamed broccoli
Cucumbers in vinegar and oil
Green beans
I've eaten out more in the last week than I care to admit. But I was thankful to be eating at least. Some good things I had: cuban black beans and rice with fried yuca, basil-tofu spring rolls, black bean tamale, refried beans and rice with guacamole, and whole wheat ravioli stuffed with eggplant and walnut and topped with fresh veggies.
Food headlines always catch my eye on Yahoo. Here are some recent articles to read and think about:
A New York Times article about organic food.
Another about a possible food revolution.
And, sugar's comeback.
You?
5 comments:
What did you put into the Cajun pasta? Sounds yummy! I made your cajun chickpea cakes & they were really good!
Interesting articles.
I read this morning about certain chemical toxins (that our bodies are filled with) that come to us by way of meat, dairy and eggs. Another reason to choose something else.
I'm sharing my body with a vius, so I'll be lucky to keep the rice milk in today. That's all that's going on food-wise here.
i think i'm having sympathy issues for your sickness. i've got a weird cold, and it doesn't really affect my appetite, but nothing sounds fantastic. sad.
your eating out experience sounds fantastic!! basil-tofu spring rolls. cuban black beans! yum!
ps- thought of you when i heard a thing on npr about the bad side of red meat. :)
Courtney- glad you liked the chickpea cakes...I'm so happy that Lazy Susie forwarded me the recipe link! The pasta was a variation of a sauce I make with the cheesy sauce (on my recipe sidebar). First I saute red onion, red pepper, and mushrooms; then I add the cheesy sauce with thyme, cajun seasonings, cayenne pepper, oregano until I get it just right--I should measure. Sunday night I added a little vegan Worchestshire sauce to the mushrooms while they were cooking. Yum!
Jen, oh, red meat. On the rare occasions when I crave meat these days, it is red meat. Why are you so tempting ropa vieja?
Post a Comment