Creamy tomato-basil soup
Oranges
Warm cinnamon apples
The tempeh is from Vegan with a Vengeance. I finally bought some liquid smoke to use in the recipe--even though I feel like it is jarred carcinogen. What is liquid smoke anyway?
The soup is just an easy throw-together recipe. Saute onion and garlic until soft, put in blender with a can or two of crushed tomatoes, throw in some cashews, sprinkle in some dried basil and pepper, and blend. Add water for desired consistency. The cashews give it a velvety smooth texture--the "cream" of the soup.
We had snow today! So I also made a pot of hot cocoa after the kids played outside for a bit.
You?
2 comments:
I just bought some tempeh and was looking on how to prepare it in Veganomicon, and was, consequently, discussing "liquid smoke" with Mike. We were wondering the same thing. What, pray tell, is it?
Let's Google, shall we?
Post a Comment