I made up that word in Spanish...our dinner was good tonight, our company was not. Since Ashton and Juliet both missed afternoon naps, there seemed to be someone moaning or crying at all times during our meal. So, hence the grumpadores, my little grumpy ones.
Black bean soup with rice
Veggie quesadillas (zucchini, onions, garlic, salsa, queso)
Guacamole
I botched a batch of limonada that I was SOOO excited about tonight. When I was in Cuernavaca, Mexico for a month taking Spanish classes, my host mother would make the best limonada. I swear she put the whole lime in the blender and then poured it all through a sieve. I added like 5 lbs of sugar but still couldn't hide the bitterness of the rind. So it was undrinkable.
Ashton at one point in dinner smeared guacamole on his hand and like a well-mannered three year-old he asked for another napkin. That is when Daddy instructed him to "just lick it off." I about died! My son--I'm claiming him on this one--then looked at Daddy with disgust and readily took the napkin I handed him.
What were you cookin', Good Lookin'?
Friday, August 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Go Ashton on your brownie points! Guacamole points?
I called C at about 3:30 and asked if he wanted to go out for dinner. Of course he did, he loves eating out, as for me I have to really psych myself up, because I invariably find something in my dinner that is not food. A friend once joked telling me, maybe I am the only one paying attention to what may be lurking in my food. Anyway, we had a fantastic experience and there was nothing scary in my food.
Are we the only people on earth who have never had fried green beans? Quite tasty. We don't eat a lot of meat but I had my biweekly omega-3 fatty acids fix with some very good Tilapia served with veggies and mexican rice. Caleb had a more traditional chicken dinner...and the vanilla cheesecake was quite devine.
I bought yellow squash at the store a couple of days ago...and plant to make Angela's squash patties for dinner sometime this weekend!
Let me know how they turn out!
We were on a mini vacation to the Texas Hill Country, so I didn't have to cook. That will change today. On the trip I had French toast, a yummy hamburger in a little town's diner, barbecue, and an egg burrito. I had two sweet rolls, compimentary of the hotel where we stayed. Yes, I feel fat!
Post a Comment