Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Clayton's Suggestion

Clayton made two requests this week for dinner: Monday's quesadillas and tonight's pasta.

Whole wheat spaghetti with marinara (and brimming with zucchini...to which my family was unaware)
Broccoli
A beautiful fruit plate: fresh pineapple, kiwi, orange, cherries, and green grapes

The whole wheat spaghetti was really good. I was surprised.

You?

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Hey, we had spaghetti too! Olive Garden together one night, spaghetti together the next. Funny...

You are better than I am, though. Ours was regular, not whole wheat, b/c I can't get any of the family to eat the whole wheat. And I didn't fill it with zucchini.

But, we had apsparagas and salad on the side, as well as fresh french bread.

For dessert - strawberry shortcake in those cute little sponge cake cups from the store!

angela | the painted house said...

We must be sending the vibes all the way across the country! The pasta is by Mueller's and is really good. It may not be the healthiest whole grain pasta on the market, but it is better than regular pasta. It does list an ingredient as crystallized cane juice--a sugar of some kind? Anyway, you should give it a try just once--especially if you top it with a good meat sauce, no one would know the difference!

I wonder if we cooked the same thing tonight? :)

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, and it is great that your family eats asparagus. You will never see that on my menu. I generally like all veggies but asparagus. And I have tried them all kinds of ways--to give 'em a chance. I just can't stand them. I guess my poor kids will just miss out.