Friday, June 22, 2007

A Pasta Week

I made pasta for the third time this week. I guess it is a result of my desire to make dinner even easier than usual these days.

Farfalle with freshly made pesto
Bakery focaccia warmed with parmesan and served with marinara for dipping
Strawberries and pear

I should have made a veggie, but I was too busy in the yard to add one more thing to clean and chop.

Yesterday was Chuck E. Cheese for dinner. But I did make French toast for Ashton's birthday with stripples, soy sausage, strawberries and bananas.

You? And where, oh, where is Barbara?

2 comments:

Barbara said...

That's sooo funny - as I logged on and started to read, I was thinking that in the comments section I'd ask if anyone wondered if I had dropped off the face of the earth? Well, sort of!

I definitely don't have anything to add about meals I've prepared because I haven't cooked any night in the last two weeks! I've hardly set foot in the kitchen.

I think it's a record for us and I'm looking forward to cooking again next week - anything, even cereal!

I could tell you about our various "pick up" meals, but that would be boring. We've tried our best to keep it healthy.

In case you're wondering why we no longer eat at home (well, we *have* had breakfasts and some lunches at home!) - our little star performer children have kept us busy at the theater for two weeks. It's almost over - only one more day! It's been exhausting but exhilarating and so wonderful.

Last week, Jacob and Michela had technical dress rehearsals every day for their big dance shows, and then had shows thurs night, fri night, sat at 11 a.m., sat night at 8 and sunday at 1 and 7 p.m. Every show was different, all were great, but it was a busy, busy week and they needed to be there most nights at 5:30, so we ate out all week or had peanut butter sandwiches.

The last performance was sun night. Monday started tech week for their Grease show at a different theater. Every night from 4-8 but we had food brought in (which I coordinated, so does that count as cooking?) Subway sandwiches, pizza, pasta and El Pollo Loco. Then shows fri night, today at 2 and 7, and then tomorrow is the last show at 2 followed by the cast party for dinner.

The shows have been awesome, by the way. It's so exciting to watch your kids perform on stage. Tomorrow is the BIG day when my older son Harrison has the leading role of Danny Zuko (and the twins are Roger and Jan, also both big parts, which they also played fri night.) We're completely sold out (I sold over 170 tickets so my kids have TONS of friends and family in the audience!) and it's going to be awesome.

Looking forward to cooking again next week,

Barbara

Anonymous said...

I had been wondering where the other faithful was!