Monday, June 04, 2007

The Reg

Veggie quesadillas with zucchini, yellow squash, spinach, carrot, onion, green pepper, and lotsa garlic
Refried beans (from a can but doctored up with salsa)
Salsa & sour cream
Fruit salad with cherries, strawberries, blueberries, orange, and green grapes
Limonada

I made the quesadillas on the griddle tonight instead of my regular recent habit of the oven. Much better on the griddle. The kids didn't even know they were chowing down all those veggies--ah, I'm so sneaky! Lately Ashton has been disappointing me with his low tolerance for spicy foods--you are a Texan for goodness sake, I want to tell him. Oh, well.

I made Minute Maid's frozen limade for a special drink--we usually just have water. It was surprisingly very good. I want another glass right now before bed but that will just mean I'll be up 7 times for the potty instead of 4 tonight. Three more months to go of being pregnant...

You?

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Ok, let me share about my dinner Disaster with a Capital D! I worked all day until I picked up the kids from school, then homework, followed by swim team and we weren't home til 6:15. I never made it to the store today (I'll go tomorrow), so the pickings were slim. I found some "fully cooked" chicken from Trader Joes in the freezer, so decided to make a chicken salad type thing. I put in the chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, leftover corn, cheese, salsa and tortilla chips and a little bit of dressing since the salsa didn't really provide enough dressing. It was looking pretty good, so I should have stopped there. I thought beans would be a good addition. Unfortunately we didn't have any cans of regular pinto beans, only refried beans, so I put them in. BIG MISTAKE. (ok, you all are probably thinking "duh, what was she thinking.") The beans made it very mushy, gloppy, stuck together, etc. It was too late to do anything else, so I served it with some warm tortillas and butter and some fruit.

Reactions? Well, I ate it because it actually tasted ok. Harrison loved it and ate 3 helpings. Marlon diplomatically said, "I bet it was good before the beans got it all mushy." He pushed it around enough on his plate to look like he ate some and I heard him secretely sneaking a bowl of cereal when the kids and I went upstairs. Jacob and Michela took one bite, said "yuck" and just couldn't eat it. Normally I'd say "well, that's dinner," but it looked so unappetizing and was so mushy by that time that I couldn't force them, so I gave them yogurt and string cheese. Normally Midnight (the dog) licks any plate clean that we leave laying around within his reach, but he took one lick and walked away. Even HE didn't want it.

Oh well, I tried.

Anonymous said...

No, not pregnant that I know of...
anyone else?

Anonymous said...

Me either.

angela | the painted house said...

Poor Barbara! I'm glad I'm not the only one who that happens to! Whenever I fail horribly in the kitchen, I say the same thing, too--well, I tried!

Har-har, Bonnie. I guess this post does read that way.