Pumpkin pancakes with maple syrup
Soysage
Strawberries and raspberries
Cafe mocha
The mocha is a concoction that I am working on. My grandmother sent me some organic "coffee" made from nuts and other natural ingredients. I brewed the mocha flavor with a dash of cinnamon, and then I mixed it in a saucepan with cocoa powder, almond milk, and agave nectar. It wasn't Starbucks, but it tasted like a treat.
And apparently we can't get enough of this lunch. I added cilantro to my basil pesto today.
Pesto pizza with tomatoes and spinach
Red leaf lettuce salad with carrots and olive oil, lemon, and red wine vinegar
Banana and apple
Haystacks
Carrot-Coconut-Macadamia Cake
The cake is from Vegan with a Vengeance. It is the first cake that I have baked in almost a year. The smell was divine as it baked, and I was so excited that I got to use my cake dome again. The recipe calls for sugar--but I reduced it some. The icing is still a little too sweet for my new sugar sensitivity that has developed since I go most days without any sugar now. Moist and delicious!
I'd definitely say that we ate well today.
You?
1 comment:
Today I looked at the chocolate cake that my 12 yr old daughter made. Everyone thought that it was delicious. She hid a few pecans inside for a surprise. She said that she likes to be creative. She is also being creative with the due dates on her English assignments. And math and soc studies and science too.
For lunch I had the Tomato-Rice-Roasted Garlic soup from Veganomicon. Really good! And dinner was carrot & beet salad (just shred 'em and mix in a dressing) and a rice burger.
It's pasta and eggplant tomorrow. Then a carrot & zucchini casserole that I'm craving...and the spinich kugel from Veganomicon. That should get me through the week.
Have a lovely week!
Post a Comment