Potato-kale soup
Sliders with soysage on whole wheat rolls and Vegenaise
Salad with brocco sprouts
Strawberries and pear
Tahini sauce
Salad with cucumbers and tomatoes
Apples
The falafel was a box mix from Whole Foods--quick, easy, and tasty. But it is fried so it will be an occasional meal. The couscous was another box mix from the same company.
Is everyone--my two readers, ha--getting ready for their Christmas meal? We have a traditional breakfast item, but the rest of the day is up for grabs. We've had Christmas nachos, Christmas quesadillas, Christmas sandwiches.
You?
4 comments:
I'm one of the two! :) And was just on here this afternoon menu planning for the week ahead. The white bean/sausage was a hit here a week or two ago so I'm doing that again.
As for Christmas, we go to my in-laws' house for 'party food' every Christmas night so it's totally NON-vegan and HIGHLY sugared. We are adding to that by making crabcakes (my husband) and buckeyes (me). however, the rest of the week will be nice and healthy. On Christmas morning I traditionally make a breakfast casserole and some good bread; this year I'm going to do vegan pumpkin chocolate chip muffins (oh yum) but I'm not sure about the casserole. it might be un-vegan.
And some agave-sweetened cocoa, can't wait to try that!
We're trying to be vegan *most* of the time - that being said, DH is not completely on board with this, so we're having a traditional, chock-full-o-animal-products Christmas meal.
But Christmas eve we always do Cuban food - so we're having vegan black bean soup. Don't know how we'll ever be able to part with the whole traditional Christmas spread. Mah peeps are very wedded to the idea of the foods they associate with the holidays.
BTW no luck on the buffalo wings. Morningstar Farms nuggets drenched in hot sauce did appease my craving the other day. I am going to tell my Whole Foods to stop letting your store hoard all the good stuff! ;-)
We did a surf 'n turf for the soltice yesterday. It didn't turn out as good as it should have...I'll blog on it next.
For Christmas Eve we have a buffet. For me I know that there will be guacamole and stuffed mushrooms along with some dips and crackers. That's really enough for me.
We will also have banana-nut pancakes on the morning of the 24th or 25th, whichever is my gluten day. And hot cocoa. And on Christmas Day I am going to need a big, warm casserole.
I'm the 3rd commenter, so you know you have more than 2 readers.
Last time I made falafel I baked them instead of frying and they turned out great! That way it doesn't have to be an occasional meal.
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment