Tuesday
Spicy pinto bean soup with corn and brown rice
Polenta cakes and chipotle sausage
Strawberry pina colada
The soup was one soup starter + plus two cans of pinto beans + one can of fire roasted tomatoes + frozen corn + frozen brown rice + cumin, oregano, and chili powder. The sausage is packaged--the chipotle flavor is good and spicy. The smoothie was one can of pineapple chunks + half a can of coconut milk + frozen strawberries + ground flax seeds--so yum!
But I finally got to the store today and it feels so good to have my fruit plate and fridge stocked with beautiful produce.
D tonight
Chili dogs with onions
Peas
Strawberries, fresh pineapple, and green grapes
You?
3 comments:
I love your blog! It always inspires me to cook better meals and to keep trying to get my hubs to join me on the vegetarian front.
Thanks!
That smoothie sounds good...I'm going to have to give it a try. I'm playing the Use What I Have Until Everything is Gone game. I love playing this game, but I seem to be the only one. I also hate shopping.
I've been eating lentil/rice/carmelized onion patties with horseradish mayo...Carrot Bisque from VwaV, which contains coconut milk and is very good...and Maple Walnut Cookies from VwaV. And Potato Salad from Cooks Illustrated. And lots of oranges.
Thank you, Jessica! And thanks for commenting!
Susan, tell me more about these patties--yum! And, I just realized it has been forever since I have made some lentils.
Post a Comment