Friday, December 05, 2008

Uninspired

Man, I think Thanksgiving stole my soul. I've been cooking--barely.

Hummus sandwiches with carrots, spinach, and onion
Creamy tomato-basil soup
Sweet potato chips
Pear and grapes

Capellini with marinara
Steamed broccoli

Pinto bean and potato soup
Corn cakes
Spinach salad

Chili dogs with onions
Spinach salad
Corn

Today

L
Black bean, sweet potato, and spinach burritos with salsa verde
Red leaf lettuce salad
Pineapple, cantaloupe, and red grapes

D
Capellini with pesto
Steamed carrots
Warm pita bread
Pineapple, cantaloupe, and red grapes

Our sitter brought over her homemade salsa verde--DELICIOUS and so much better than mine. When she gets me the recipe, I will pass it on. The burritos coupled with the sauce were amazing--and easy. Heat a can of refried black beans (I use Whole Foods with roasted red jalapeno), bake a sweet potato until soft and mash with salt and cumin, and chop a handful of fresh spinach. Roll beans, potato, and spinach in a flour tortilla, wrap in foil, and heat in oven.

And one night this week, we had take out. Here is what vegan pizza looks like from a pizza shop--almost vegan, there was a little parmesan in the pesto sauce. Their crust is whole wheat and delicious--we eat the crust with honey. And they make a mean salad--candied pecans!

You?

1 comment:

lazy susie said...

It's time to get inspired; we want some action here on this blog!!

I've been eating veggie curry...snobby joes...salads with frisee...pasta with eggplant (I can't get enough eggplant right now)...and coming up this week is a cauliflower curry soup and a fettecini alfredo.